Lifting your Scout can have a dramatic effect on is performance, handling, and appearance, but as the old saying goes, “buy once, cry once”. Inferior components and materials can ruin your ride and leave you longing for the days when you had your stock setup again. That’s why we’re proud to partner with Atlas Suspension and DVF Customs to offer you premium suspension components made right here in the USA. Hand crafted by skilled technicians in sunny Southern California, all of Atlas Springs’ products are made from high quality North American components. Atlas leaf springs include anti-friction pads inserted between each leaf for a smoother ride and quiet operation, full military-wrapped spring eyes for safety and superior durability, riveted rebound bolt clips, and a premium paint finish is our standard.
This DVF Customs Edition 4” Lift Kit gives you the ground clearance needed to slap on a set of 33” tires and hit any trail with confidence. Customize this kit to meet your needs with optional 1” Front Axle Push, CPT Reverse Shackle Kit, and custom spring rates.
Each of Atlas’ suspension kits comes with the choice of their signature Progressive Pack springs, or their sturdier Expedition Pack.
- Progressive Pack: These leaf springs are designed with one thing in mind; performance. Instead of employing a three or four leaf, two stage design as is typical of an OEM spring, they consist of several thin flexible leaves (as many as twelve per pack depending on the application!), resulting in a multistage spring with a very forgiving street ride, even in the heaviest trucks. They do well in daily drivers, pre runners and rock crawlers alike! If you do a lot of towing or hauling with your vehicle, we recommend you look to our Expedition Pack springs, as the Progressive Pack springs are not designed with heavy loads in mind.
- Expedition Pack: The Expedition Packs are geared towards the off-road enthusiast that requires a little of both worlds; flexibility, and load carrying capacity all in one. Essentially two springs in one, we designed this style of leaf spring as a progressive two stage pack. All the great and innovative features of an off-road Progressive Pack are included with this design, but we add an additional load carrying 2nd stage that helps for towing and hauling.
Custom Spring Rate:
Each set of Atlas Springs is made to order, and part of that process involves calculating the appropriate spring rate for your vehicle. Spring rate is the amount of force that is required to compress, extend, or twist a spring one inch, and it is influenced by the Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) of your Scout. Making modifications to your Scout can have a drastic impact on your vehicle weight, so it’s important to take inventory of any alterations that could reduce or increase the weight of your vehicle. For example:
- Front or Rear Aftermarket Steel Bumpers
- Front or Rear Winch
- Larger Wheels & Tires + Tire Carriers
- Roof Racks
- Roof Top Tents
- Gerry Cans/Fluid Storage
- Hi-Lift Jacks
- Custom Storage Enclosures
- Skid Plates
- Aftermarket Gas Tanks
- Hard Top/Soft Top/No Top
- LS Engine Swap (Can reduce weight by 250lbs)
We offer three different tiers of springs rates to accommodate your build, so select from the options below before purchasing:
Tier 1: Factory Gross Vehicle Weight or Less: If you’re keeping things stock, or you’ve reduced the weight of the vehicle by removing the top, transitioning from a hard top to a soft top, or performing an LS Swap, this is the appropriate tier for you.
Tier 2: GVW + 500lbs: It’s easy to increase the weight of your vehicle with just a few aftermarket accessories like roof top tents, bumpers, or spare tire carriers. If you’ve made only a few modifications to your vehicle, this is the tier for you.
Tier 3: GVW + 1000lbs: If you’re building your dream overland Scout or a beefy rock crawler, this is the tier for you. Tier 3 is for customers adding a significant amount of weight to the vehicle, through multiple aftermarket accessories that will add up to 1000lbs or more.
Atlas Suspension offers an optional 1” Front Axle Push to extend you wheelbase and improve your stability.
Reversing your front shackles can create a smoother ride all around for your Scout because it allows the axle to move in the direction it wants to move whenever you’re approaching an obstacle. Off-road, this movement allows the tires to follow the terrain better resulting in less “float” over washboard roads at speed. On the road, you’ll find you have more control over when travelling over small bumps at speed. For our DVF Custom Edition 4” Lift Kit, we use a Crawler Proven Technology (CPT) Reverse Shackle Kit that’s compatible with 2” wide springs and a 6” rear shackle.
U-Bolt’s are not included with the leaf springs, as each build may have unique requirements. We offer a variety of U-Bolt kits from Atlas Suspension and other premium aftermarket suppliers, which you can see below in the recommended product section, or under our Suspension collection.
Ordering, Fulfillment and Shipping: After your order is placed a sales representative from Scout or Die will contact you to review your product selection and calculate additional costs such as shipping or installation services, when applicable. Due to the volatile nature of freight shipping costs it’s much easier for us to calculate precise shipping for your location rather than estimating the cost online. Please use the Contact Us page if you have any questions prior to ordering.
Installation Services Available:
Installation services are available (schedule permitting) through our partner shop, DVF Customs in Van Nuys, CA. Please use the Contact Us page to inquire about availability prior to purchasing. If not, a sales representative will contact you after placing your order.
Note: Please note, some images are representative and not all options are shown. The blue Scout in this photo album has a 4” Atlas Suspension Lift Kit, a CPT Reverse Shackle Kit, and 33” tires.